Magical Fairy Wands

>> Tuesday, November 9, 2010


Hi Copic Lovers,

It's Alicia here...and this is my first official post as a Mad for Marker's DT member!
I have something a bit cute to share today...some magical fairy wands.
I was shopping in one of my local cheap shops and found a pack of two plain fairy wands for only $3 and I thought they would be great as little stocking fillers for my neices Charlotte (5), and Molly (2). I decided to make one pink because that is Charlotte's favourite colour and the other one purple because Molly doesn't have a favourite colour yet, that I am aware of, but purple is my sister's favourite colour. (I think my sister would be secretly pleased if one of her girls loved the colour purple because she was a big purple fan when we were kids.) I painted them with Acrylic Craft Paint and then a top coat of Glitter Paint for added sparkle. I cut out two silver circles with nesties and coloured in these cute little Maggies in the following Copic colours:


Skin: E21, E11, E00, R20
Hair: Y11, E11, Y08, E33, Sand Spica
Pinks: R37, RV06, RV04, Blossom Spica
Purples: V17, V15, V04, Lavender Spica


My how I am loving those Spica pens!! They give a bit of glitz without bulging the paper like Kindy Glitz can sometimes do. Check out Sammi's store to buy some for yourself...but I will warn you...treat yourself to the whole set...because once you own a few of these Spicas you will quickly want the whole collection!!!


I added some crystal beads and silver Christmas decoration...not sure what you call it, but I found that in the cheap shop as well.


Don't forget you still have some time left to enter the "Anything but a Card Challenge" here at Mad for Markers...if you see some fairy wands in your travels you may like to have a go at decorating some yourself! Upload them in the sidebar and share your creations.

Thanks for reading,

Alicia xx

4 comments:

Unknown November 9, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Wow Alicia, these are just gorgeous, great work! *hugz*

Anonymous,  November 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

awww these are great ideas!

Sammi November 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

such perfect gifts for young girls! Beautiful creation and great post thanks!!
Sammi
xx

Unknown November 14, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

These are gorgeous. Suzanne x

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving us a comment :D

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP