Using masculine colours with girly images.

>> Thursday, May 31, 2012

good morning everyone! I have been a bit slack this week...i usually have my post all ready a few days before but today i am posting today at 9:15am!!! It has been a busy few weeks and i have been getting behind with everything!
Right, now my head is screwed on the right way i can share with you all out there in blogland.
Masculine colours. This was a hard one for me as i do not really have many boyish images. I have 2 girls and my hubby has 4 sisters so there is not really much need for them in my house. so i went through my collection and found a Greeting farm image called Thursday and thought she would be perfect to colour.
Here are the colours i used.


I managed to get a bunch of greens and browns which together are quite boyish and make a great "camo"look.
then i coloured thursday in.


Once she was coloured i wanted to make a general card with her but still keep the masculine colours.
so i grabbed some my minds eye papers from the out of the blue collection and created this card.



I also used a fence die from my favorite things, and the sentiment is a sticker i got from EAD designs.

All the copics can be purchased from Mad for Markers and the greeting farm image can also be available from there too.

I just love that image it reminds me of my daughter Zoe, she is a real tomboy!

On another note i would love to share with you a funny story about my daughter, i have written a blog post about it on my blog a day in the life of osiris and loki ...it involves scissors and hair! and i am sure that you ALL out there can totally relates to this tale.!
Well i hope you enjoyed my card today, and do not forget to join us and enter the challenge. you can find it on the right sidebar.
I cannot wait to see what you create!

Tara:)



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving us a comment :D

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP