Merry Christmas

>> Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Yes, it is Christmas morning here in Australia and while my family are all gathered around the Christmas Tree exchanging gifts I thought I would "pop in" and share my Aussie Themed Christmas Card for this month's challenge. Sometimes it is difficult to find a Christmas image that isn't all about cute snowmen, cosy fireplaces, snow covered Christmas Trees and sweet little girls dressed in coats, scarves and mittens - for us it is bright blue skies ( like this morning! ), warm sunshine, dinner outside and children dressed in shorts and t-shirts. It was with those thoughts in mind I drew my inspiration for my card. I chose a Simply Sassy Image by Krista Smith called "All wrapped up" and coloured her in bright blue with golden hues - a nice cheerful combination for a fun filled day.


Copics Used:

Skin: E11, E01, E00, E000  - Cheeks/Lips RV42
Hair: E27, E25, E21 and a touch of Dark Sepia pencil
Gifts: G46, G24, G21, R24, R22, R21 and a touch of Red and Lipstick Spica
Clothes: BG05, BG02, BG01, Y26, Y23, Y32

There was no snow in the Outback,
When Baby Jesus was born last night.
Just a mother singing dreamtime,
 who saw the shining star so bright.
Now the children in the cities,
Are unwrapping gifts under the trees,
It's Christmas here in Australia,
Bringing joy to you and me.
On behalf of Sammi and the Mad for Markers Design Team I would like to take this opportunity to wish all our Copic Friends a very Merry Christmas may Joy be your gift today and may Faith, Hope and Love be your treasures in the New Year - hoping 2013 also brings you many hours of Copic Colouring.

Chris x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving us a comment :D

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP