Colouring Twine

>> Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Friday, it's Friday. Means a weekend of relaxation is just around the corner! But I couldn't let Friday go without sharing my way of using Copics to colour all kinds of things!

Marcia here and today I am sharing how I use Copics to colour twine. I use a white/cream twine ALOT (cheap, only $4.00 a roll at Bunnings for 100m!) and love to colour it to suit the project I am working on. The beauty of Copics is that the ink is permanent, so it's suitable on almost anything.

So I started with this

Photobucket

and came up with this

Photobucket

My suggestions are these:

* Make sure you have scratch paper underneath what you are working on
* If using a light coloured ribbon, use a colour one shade darker than what you would like the end result to be
* For a softer effect pour some of the colour refill into a Mini Mister and spray onto your ribbon/twine. It will take longer to dry, but the effects achieved are pretty awesome.
* Don't be afraid to mask off parts of the ribbon for a pattern or to leave some blank spots for a distressed look.

Okay, there you have it. I hope I have inspired you to do something new .... would love to see what you achieve with this technique.

Happy Friday to you all!

2 comments:

downrightcrafty May 27, 2011 at 6:21 AM  

oh that looks great although my twine is not the clean type may have to go buy some white stuff, love the card
Hugs Kate xx

ChickieChirps May 28, 2011 at 1:36 AM  

I LOVE this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! The finished card looks fabulous!

Arabella

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving us a comment :D

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP